Building Your Net Zero Energy Future
Welcome to Southscape, a community of zero energy capable homes located within the Village of Wilder, Vermont. Each beautifully crafted, high-tech home is as energy efficient and practical as it is carefully constructed. Located within an area well served by two Interstate Highways, Southscape is close to work centers, outdoor recreational activities, and diverse social and cultural communities.
We know that creating a zero energy capable home can only be achieved through the process of integrative design. This means that at the very beginning of the design phase, each construction element is examined to determine how it will help reach the ultimate performance goal: net zero energy use. The process involves more than selecting the right window, or adding insulation. It’s about such things as advanced framing, reduced thermal bridging, Energy Recovery Ventilation, and so much more!
As an owner at Southscape, your family can realize immediate benefits from the home’s energy and resource saving features. And with the inevitable rise in cost of traditional energy such as oil or gas, your investment in renewable sources is all the more intelligent. As builders, we are guided by our mission to deliver homes built to high performance standards: generating financial payback to owners and leading to their ‘peace of mind’.
- Located on Chandler Road in the Village of Wilder (Town of Hartford) in a neighborhood of existing homes, Southscape is a short distance to Exit 12 off of Interstate 91, immediately north of the village of White River Junction, and in close proximity to Norwich, Vermont, and Hanover, New Hampshire.
- Wilder Village, located on the Connecticut River, is on the National Register as a Historic District.
- Wilder includes a variety of residential neighborhoods, as well as technologically modern commercial parks.
- 8 net zero capable, low maintenance homes including 6 optional floor plans within a 2.63 acre community.
- One, Two and Four-bedroom residences will range in size from 1,384 to 2,309 square feet.
- Features include High Performance Wall System, Triple Glaze Windows, Heat Recovery Ventilator, Cold Climate Heat Pump, and Air Conditioning.
- Performance, Payback and Peace of Mind!
- Control over Future Energy Costs.
- Eco-Friendly Designs.
The Developer and Builder
Southscape is being developed and built by Prudent Living, Inc of Windsor, Vermont. The company is a well established and highly regarded builder of high performance and net zero homes within Vermont and New Hampshire.
Prudent Living appreciates your interest in Vermont’s first net zero community and welcomes the opportunity to build your future home at Southscape. For more information and to arrange a meeting, please contact Steve Usle. He can be reached at 1-866-924-3235 x 104.